Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rob talks about the Mtv Movie Awards with MTVUK



Dailymotion player thanks to @veronicaspuffy


There are only a few more hours left to cast your votes for the 2012 MTV Movie Awards, and should you need more reason to throw your support behind four-time Best Kiss nominees and three-time winners Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, we have one for you, courtesy of Pattinson himself.

When MTV UK recently caught up with the actor during an early press day for his highly anticipated film "Cosmopolis," we asked him about his chances in bringing home a fourth golden popcorn trophy for his smooch with Stewart in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" and if they have plans to make a creative acceptance speech if they win.

"I don't know," he said. "We didn't get nominated for anything else. I'm like, 'Grr,' " Pattinson joked about their film's two nominations this year, versus the multiple nominations in previous years. "[I won't be there because] I have to be in Toronto for 'Cosmopolis,' but I think Kristen is going so she's going to kiss herself if she wins."

When asked about the specifics of Stewart's plans for kissing herself, Pattinson didn't want to give too much away.

"People have to vote [to see]!" he said with a laugh.

So what does Pattinson's leading lady think of their chances for winning the award a fourth year in a row?

"You know, you can't have too many expectations going into that," Stewart told MTV News recently during her appearance at our Sneak Peek Week Q&A for "Snow White and the Huntsman." "There's a lot going into that, just to be there is a huge honor.

The 22-year-old actress went on to say that she is still surprised to have taken home any Best Kiss awards, given the very memorable onscreen kisses performed by previous winners.

"When I was young, the [Best] Kiss was always a big thing, that's why winning always [seemed impossible]. I think the 'Spider-Man' [kiss] I always imagined, 'You're never going to be able [to live up to that] and then the 'Notebook' [kiss] happened and then [I thought], 'I'm never going to try and top those.' "

source | via

2 comments:

katy said...

MTV is going to suck big time this year! Don't know if they are going to win this year, some fans are mad at MTV, so they are not as invested in voting as in previous years.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, katy. I am pissed at MTV. But also, I haven't been able to vote because I've been blocked as I live in Canada. I don't agree with MTV's trying to change things but I would still vote for Robert and Kristen and Twilight if I could.